You probably know Florence Nightingale as the Lady with the Lamp and as the nurse who was revered as the Angel of the Crimea, but do you know the real Florence Nightingale? Who was the great love of Florence’s life? Why did her mother stand in her way of nursing reformation? What illness nearly destroyed all of Florence’s plans?
Spend a fascinating hour with Christine Trent, author of No Cure For The Dead, the first book in the Florence Nightingale Mysteries series, as she interprets this remarkable woman’s life in full regalia and answers your questions about Nightingale’s life and work.
Aspiring writer? Established, but stuck and struggling? Got great ideas, but no discipline? This class will demystify and deconstruct the novel-writing process from beginning to end (with a nod to that all-important step: procrastination!).
• How to transform ideas into reality
• How to tap into your subconscious and life experiences to
transform them into a book-length project
• Techniques to stay organized when creativity gets chaotic
• How to populate your story with interesting characters,
a twisty-turny plot, and snappy dialogue
• Strategies for finding an agent and marketing the finished product
• How to face your writing and marketing fears
The class includes a writing exercise. You'll come away from our time together prepared to begin work on a novel and equipped with the confidence to perfect it.