1. What IS the Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival? The Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival is a day-long event, held at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts, where mystery fans get a chance to meet national best-selling mystery authors! There will be book signings, multiple workshops, and moderated panel discussions.
2. What is the fee to attend the Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival? The Festival is from 12 to 6 p.m., with a private VIP Meet & Greet from 12-1 p.m. and the festival opening to the general public at 1 p.m. The VIP is $20 per person and limited to the first 50 participants. This is the only ticketed portion of the day; the rest of the day is completely free and open to the public.
3. How do I find out more details about becoming a Featured or New Author for the 2018 Festival? Applications for the 2018 Festival will become available in mid-January 2018. If you would like to be added to the e-mail list of people that will be alerted first, please email Katie Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address.
4. What authors are coming to this Festival? Our 2017 Featured Authors included: Betsy Ashton, D.B. Corey, Maya Corrigan, Tracee de Hahn, John DeDakis, Barbara Early/Beverly Allen, Diane Fanning, Gerrie Ferris Finger, Grace Greene, Jenna Harte, Maggie King, Christina Kovac, Eleanor Kuhns, Judith Lucci, Allie Marie, Nan O'Berry/Tessa Berkley, Tj O'Connor, Alan Orloff/Zak Allen, Leigh Perry/Toni L.P. Kelner, Karen Pullen, Amy Reade, Shawn Reilly Simmons, B.K. Stevens, Lane Stone, Marcia Talley, Art Taylor, Christine Trent, and Heather Weidner. To be considered for the 2018 Festival, please submit an application when they become available in mid-January 2018 (see above).
5. I would like to advertise in the program. Is there a way to do that? Yes! We are again excited to offer a limited number of advertising spots for literary-related advertisers in our 2018 program—the glossy, full-color, professionally printed piece we give to all attendees free-of-charge. Our prices are reasonable and ad design is complementary. Approximately 750 copies will be printed (to be distributed during the event to all participants) and each advertiser will receive up to 20 copies. Ad sales will open in early January 2018, and artwork is due by July 2018. More details soon!
6. Are there any sponsorship opportunities? Absolutely! We will again offer a variety of sponsorship levels, making this Suffolk tradition a budget-friendly event. Stay tuned for more information! 7. Can I bring books by the authors who are attending the Festival? Absolutely! We will be offering a limited supply of books (by each author) for sale, but we definitely encourage you to bring your own books if you have them.
8. Will there be any giveaways or door prizes? What about refreshments? Several authors who couldn’t make it to the Festival have graciously donated items to be used as giveaways and door prizes. If you would like to have lunch during the day, we suggest visiting the charming on-site restaurant, Mosaic, or walking a few blocks to our delightful historic district, where eatery opportunities abound. Be sure to visit the Suffolk Tourism table to receive restaurant recommendations.
9. I really want to attend but I don’t think I can stay the entire day. Is that a problem? This event is set up so that you can come and go as you please. If you can only stay for a limited time, our suggestion would be to look at the schedule and try to plan your visit around the activities in which you’re interested.
10. I want to attend several of the workshops. What should I do? Each workshop is being held on the second floor, which has a limited seating capacity. So if you really want to attend something, we recommend you go to the workshop location (please see the program) a few minutes before the start of the workshop, to be sure you’ll get a seat.
11. Can you tell me more about the content of the workshops that are being offered? Please see the workshops page here.
12. What panels are being offered and who will be on them? Please see our panel page here. Due to author availability, this information may change.
13. Is there parking at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts? There is an accessible and free parking lot behind the facility, and there is off-street parking surrounding the facility.
14. Is the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts accessible to those attendees with physical limitations or disabilities? Yes. The Center is equipped with wheelchair ramps, elevators and designated wheelchair seating in the theater. The restrooms offer disabled access as well. The Center offers sound enhancement devices; please contact them directly at 757.923.0003 to make arrangements if this is needed.
Copyright 2018 | Suffolk Tourism | All Rights Reserved.