1. What IS the Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival? The Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival is a day-long event, held at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts, where mystery fans get a chance to meet national best-selling mystery authors! There will be book signings, multiple workshops, and moderated panel discussions.
2. What is the fee to attend the Suffolk Mystery Authors Festival? The Festival is from 12 to 6 p.m., with a private VIP Meet & Greet from 12-1 p.m. and the festival opening to the general public at 1 p.m. The VIP is $20 per person and limited to the first 50 participants. This is the only ticketed portion of the day; the rest of the day is completely free and open to the public.
3. How do I find out more details about becoming a Featured or New Author for the 2019 Festival? Applications for the 2018 Festival will become available in January 2019. If you would like to be added to the list to be notified, please email Katie Kelley at email@example.com.
4. What authors are coming to this Festival? STAY TUNED! Our author roster has not been finalized yet. Applications will become available in January 2019.
5. I would like to advertise in the program. Is there a way to do that? Coming soon!
6. Are there any sponsorship opportunities? Absolutely! We will again offer a variety of sponsorship levels, making this Suffolk tradition a budget-friendly event. Sponsorship information can be found here.
7. Can I bring books by the authors who are attending the Festival? Absolutely! We will be offering a limited supply of books (by each author) for sale, but we definitely encourage you to bring your own books if you have them.
8. Will there be any giveaways or door prizes? What about refreshments? Several authors who couldn’t make it to the Festival graciously donate items to be used as giveaways and door prizes. If you would like to have lunch during the day, we suggest walking a few blocks to our delightful historic district, where eatery opportunities abound. Be sure to visit the Suffolk Tourism table to receive restaurant recommendations. We will also have a complimentary Hospitality Room on the 2nd floor, with coffee, tea, and water, along with abundant seating.
9. I really want to attend but I don’t think I can stay the entire day. Is that a problem? This event is set up so that you can come and go as you please. If you can only stay for a limited time, our suggestion would be to look at the schedule and try to plan your visit around the activities in which you’re interested.
10. I want to attend several of the workshops. What should I do? Each workshop is being held on the second floor, which has a limited seating capacity. So if you really want to attend something, we recommend you go to the workshop location (please see the program) a few minutes before the start of the workshop, to be sure you’ll get a seat.
11. Can you tell me more about the content of the workshops that are being offered? Please see the workshops page here.
12. What panels are being offered and who will be on them? Please see our panel page here. Due to author availability, this information may change.
13. Is there parking at the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts? There is an accessible and free parking lot behind the facility, and there is off-street parking surrounding the facility.
14. Is the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts accessible to those attendees with physical limitations or disabilities? Yes. The Center is equipped with wheelchair ramps, elevators and designated wheelchair seating in the theater. The restrooms offer disabled access as well. The Center offers sound enhancement devices; please contact them directly at 757.923.0003 to make arrangements if this is needed.
Copyright 2018 | Suffolk Tourism | All Rights Reserved.